April 30th, 2018
Dear Central GA REALTORS,
It is a great honor to serve as your 2018 President. Over the past few years, I have learned that being a REALTOR is much more than selling real estate. We have the responsibility to protect the public, protect home ownership, and stay current on the issues affecting our industry. As President, I am proud to see so many of our local members, not only excelling in their careers, but serving as positive role models and stewards of our community.
The CGBOR shares a vision with the Georgia Association of REALTORS, to empower, engage and unite our members for success. To achieve this, we must keep you informed of our progress and the issues we will be addressing. Therefore, we decided to provide you with a sample of our accomplishments and highlight our agenda for the remainder of 2018...
- Met with our State Reps in Atlanta and helped pass a bill curbing excessive HOA fees.
- Increased our Social Media presence and outreach
- Increased the number of Board and Affiliate Members
- Lobbied to protect the National Flood Insurance Program
- Developing a back to school supply drive, to assist local families
- Ensuring that our local board remains compliant with all GAR and National Core Standards
- Two successful Luncheons, featuring WR Chief of Police Evans and Real Estate Commissioner Lynn Dempsey
- Collaborating with the Central GA MLS to develop a policy on “Coming Soon” listings
- Currently have one of our own directors, Dale Washburn, running for State Senator
- Implemented new rules for payment and collection of Board of REALTOR Dues
- Working to bring another “Casino Night” Fundraiser this August
- On track to meet our RPAC goal and Discussing an RPAC fundraiser
- Preparing for the Annual GAR conference in Alabama this September
- Increased the number of CE Classes at the CGBOR and will be hosting a GRI Class.
- Exploring the sale of the CGBOR building to an investor and leasing it back. “Leasebacks” have become popular in commercial real estate, benefitting retailers, and many local REALTOR Boards.
- Worked with NAR on maintaining Mortgage Interest Deductions and tax benefits to home owners.
- Following developments with upcoming changes to MLS memberships
- Working with GAR and NAR to ensure the REALTOR brand remains relevant.
- Serving as partners with the GREC on maintaining professional standards in our industry.
- Work closely with RPAC and REALTOR Party, as the Midterm Elections approach.
- Assisting GAR in promoting Scholarship opportunities for REALTORS
- Working with GAR to maintain statewide legal helpline for REALTORS
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. Wishing you continued success in 2018 and we hope to see everyone at our next Luncheon
2108 President, Central GA Board of REALTORS